Friday 6 November 2009

Work Work

Yea I understand that I have hardly posted anything since my Windows 7 purchase but I have been working a lot on projects, been a bit ill and had my 22nd birthday.

Work has taken up a lot of my time. I have 3 things on the go at the moment. My Concept Document work, GAS (Games and Animation Studies) Presentation and GAS Essay.

The concept document has taken up most of my time though as we were asked to do a few high resolution renders to submit with the document. Now, im in no way the fastest digital painter and I get fustraited easy due to knowing what I want to see but not being able to produce it correctly. After a lot of time and effort, and thinking about the style (too much) I have finished my renders. Im 90% happy with them but I think its just lack of digital painting skill that is making the extra 10% illusive. The document itself im actually enjoying writing, going over, writing again etc etc. Its great to see how far I have come since beginning the course and how differently I now think.

The GAS presentation I have spent a lot of time thinking about due to having a very open subject. Basically we have been given the following statement and asked to present a 10minute presentation as a reply:

"In an increasingly digitised media environment, we are seeing greater and greater blurring between fantasy and reality, which impacts in complex ways on people’s everyday lives."

I have considered things such as HDTV and its effects such as "clearer and better pictures" to the fantasty of how facebook keeps people in contact but in reality its just text and pictures - no emotion. I have settled on an idea about pictures that advertise, more specifically though, pictures that advertise holiday locations and how they always look beautiful. In my presentation ill be talking about how photographers use camera tricks to imply this beauty (the "Golden Hour" for example). I will also be saying about how even if there is no tricks used, how the chances of seeing whats printed in glossy is small. (That doesnt sound quite right I know, its a work in progress but thats the drift of it all).

Im not going to talk about the essay at the moment though due to still looking at opinions to write upon.

So yea, better get back to work now... or maybe a game of Halo first...

No comments:

Post a Comment